Monday, August 10, 2009

Gramma & Grampa Montgomery's 60th Anniversary

Last weekend my Grampa & Gramma Montgomery celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary at St. Hugo of the Hills in Bloomfield Hills. Uncle Jim Montgomery flew in from Florida and Aunt Patsy Maxwell flew in from Pennsylvania on Friday night. Jeremy and I played softball so my Mom, Dad and Uncle Jim watched the twins at my parents’ house.


Mom, Jen & Aunt Pat at St. Hugo's

Matthew & Uncle Jim


It pretty much rained all day Saturday. Jeremy and I had been looking forward to going to Milford Memories since we seem to miss it every year, but with all the rain we decided to just hang around the house and get some things done. The rain was reduced to a sprinkle by 4PM so we decided to take Matthew and Claire to downtown Milford and walk around the festival. A lot of the booths weren’t opened but I still managed to find a Christmas ornament that I HAD to have. We had dinner and then I headed over to my Gramma & Grampa’s place to visit with the family and Jeremy went back to Milford Memories with one of his friends.


Aunt Cathy, Matthew & Claire Uncle Jim
Uncle Jim, Matthew & Claire


On Sunday we went to church with Gramma & Grampa, Father Toco said an anniversary blessing for them and we had cake and coffee after mass. The babies were really good through the entire mass, the only casualty was my dress. I spilled pear juice all down the front of it when I was trying to open the bottle for Claire. Luckily I was holding Matthew the rest of the time so no one could see the huge stain and it actually dried without leaving a mess. We went to the Clancy family reunion at Stoney Creek Metropark after the 60th anniversary party. We were glad to see everyone over the weekend and happy that Uncle Jim was able to meet the twins! We missed seeing Uncle Jim’s twins and Aunt Judy, hopefully we’ll be able to go to Florida sometime soon so they can meet Matthew & Claire.

Gramma & Grampa
Matthew, Aunt Denise & Colleen
Family Photo
Colleen, me & Kelly
Danny, Claire, Aunt Stacey & Uncle Paul
Dad & Matthew
At Gramma & Grampa's

Clancy Family Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment