Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Matthew Says Mama!

Last night Matthew crawled over to me, stood up on the edge of the couch, looked at me and said "Mama".  I started giggling so he started laughing and said it again!  Jeremy said he said it yesterday morning and this morning just after I left for work, too.  He has also figured out how to climb in back of the couch, I put a box in his path so that should stop him for a day or so until he figures out how to move it.

Claire has expanded her vocabulary by a few words.  She now says "Uh-Oh", dog, Dada and Mama.  Last night the babies and I stopped by the shoe store so that I could buy a new pair of shoes for work (I have a habit of wearing them until the sole falls completely off) and also so I could try a couple pairs of shoes on Matthew & Claire.  While we were in the store, I gave Claire my wallet to hold because she was getting bored.  After holding it for a few seconds, she looks up at me and says "Uh-Oh", then deliberately drops the wallet on the floor.  The lady behind the counter was laughing hysterically at her!  At least she is giving me a warning of when she's going to throw things on the ground now!  On a side note, I think we've decided to purchase a pair of Pedipeds for each babies' first shoes.  I just have to find the ones that I like!  I can't believe I've resisted the urge to buy them shoes all this time!

Here's a little update from this past weekend that I hadn't gotten around to posting, yet:

On Friday night Jeremy and I were able to go out to a nice dinner at Cinco Lagos in Milford while my Mom watched the twins. The wait was really long but the food was well worth it. We had a good time and it was nice to have a night out. On Saturday Jeremy had to work so my Mom and I took Matthew & Claire to meet our friends Julie and her Mom Kathy and her son Charlie for lunch in Royal Oak. It was nice to get to catch up with them and see how Charlie is doing. We went to a couple baby stores in Royal Oak with Julie and Charlie. We got a quick photo in, too.


When we got back to my parents’ house my Grampa S and Andrew were there. It was so nice outside we hung out in the front yard for awhile and we borrowed the neighbor’s leaf pile to take some fall photos of Matthew & Claire.





On Sunday, Susie and I went to Mayberry Park in Northville to take some photos of the babies. They did really well and we got some great photos. I can’t wait to see the ones Susie has. We were taking some photos on a bridge with the props we brought and some Japanese tourists came up and asked to take photos with the babies. I thought it was a riot that Matthew became a "tourist attraction" but he went right along with it.  They each took turns posing with Matthew (while they were making the "peace sign") and taking photos of each other!  I wish I would have snapped a couple with my camera but I think I was so surprised by it, that it didn't register!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment