Thursday, July 21, 2011

Michigan Cherry Season!

My Mom and I took the kids to Spicer's for some sweet cherry picking.  They had a great time running around and carrying their buckets.  Even Cate got in on the action and picked some cherries.  The cherries were so good!  I made a pie that turned out pretty nice, although I forgot to take a photo of it.  Spicer's has to be our favorite local farm because there is so much for the kids to do. 
M&C have their buckets and they're ready to go! 
 Cate trying to understand what to do with the bucket.
 I'm glad my Mom took the camera and took some photos with me in them since I'm usually taking them and never in them ;)

 Cate's first fruit picking experience.












 It's a jungle out here!





 Spicer's has a great kids' play area so we took advantage and tried out some of the toys.  Matthew & Claire liked riding on the tricycles and Cate liked the sandbox.








 Feeding the goats...

 Cate loves bunnies so I had to show her the real bunny.
 Wagon ride!

 Raspberry season was just starting so we decided to pick raspberries while we were there, too.








Stay tuned for blueberry picking!  I have taken the twins the last two years to Hazen's in Howell so we're hoping to head out there soon.  This will be Cate's first blueberry outing since we went 3 days before she was born last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment